Bethnal Green Library
Cambridge Heath Road
London E2 0HL
020 7364 3492
020 7364 3493
The services offered by Bethnal Green Library include:
- Books for children and adults, including large print and books in Bengali..
- Newspapers and magazines
- 16 computers offering free access to the internet and Idea Store online.
- Help with using computers given by trained staff
- Scanning facilities - Black and white and colour
- Information about your local community
- Story time for babies and pre-school children every day at 10:30am
- After school activities every day from 3.30pm
- Prime Time group for the Over 50s every Tuesday from 10:30am to 12:00pm
|Monday - Wednesday||10am to 6pm|
|Thursday||10am to 8pm|
|Friday||10am to 6pm|
|Saturday||9am to 5pm|
We are continuing to improve facilities at Bethnal Green Library. This includes installation of brand new washroom facilities for male and female users, an accessible toilet as well as a family toilet and baby changing room.
We will remain open as usual during the works, however it is likely works will generate some noise. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused but we are hopeful you will enjoy the new facilities.
Disabled Access: Partial – please call us before visiting to check whether the building is suitable to your needs. We have two buildings that are fully accessible nearby, Idea Store Whitechapel [0.7 miles] and Idea Store Bow [1.8 miles].
The Library is situated in Bethnal Green Gardens.
By public transport
Nearest tube: Bethnal Green.
Nearest bus: 8, D6, 254
There are no parking spaces outside the library. However, in the surrounding roads there are a limited number of pay and display parking spaces as well as parking spaces for Tower Hamlets resident's permit holders.