Monday 9 - Friday 13 March
Are you worried about climate change or your impact on the environment?
Do you want to take a positive approach to becoming more green?
During Green Week visit your local Idea Store to
• browse and borrow books on green issues suitable for children and adults
• discover how to download national and international newspapers and magazines for FREE with your Idea Store card.
Green Week event
Friday 13 March, 10am - 12pm
Join us on Friday for a morning packed with informative and environmentally friendly activities, including:
• Make your own environment pledge
• Learn how to make environmentally friendly household products
• Learn more about recycling and composting in Tower Hamlets
• Free cycle training and energy saving for residents
Idea Store Whitechapel, 4th Floor exhibition space
“We are the first generation who understands how dangerous for us it is and for the planet…we will not stop global warming if we do not do anything. What is important for us is how we live and what we teach our children, because only we can save our planet” ESOL learner from Bulgaria
“Everyone should be conscious about their lifestyles and use necessary things properly. We cannot neglect the world. We should all love a sustainable living world.” ESOL Learner from Bangladesh
“Water resources are decreasing day by day, because we do not use water carefully. We pollute the water, we pollute nature. Most countries in the world cannot find clean water” ESOL Learner from Turkey
“...we don’t think about our planet. We think only of ourselves and how to have an easier life. Before we did not think about the causes, but it is time to think about our planet and how it is affecting our ecosystem.” … Finally I would like to tell you to come together, work together to save our climate.” ESOL learner from Bangladesh.