Book Break Volunteer
All Idea Stores are seeking volunteers (adults only) to participate in our weekly Book Break sessions.
Book Break is open to all, readers and non-readers alike. It is an opportunity for people to read together in a friendly and relaxing environment.
We need adult volunteers to help make a significant difference to the functioning of the group.
We need people who have
- An interest in reading
- Willingness to discuss ideas and feeling about what is being read with the Book Break group
- Good communication skills
- Good Listening skills
- Reliability and a commitment to attending on a regular weekly basis
- Available to attend the whole session - approximately 2 hours (start times will vary at each Idea Store)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with the public in an appropriate and sensitive way
General duties will include preparing the layout of the room and making refreshments for the group before arrival. You will be expected to warmly welcome people when they arrive and include them in conversation. You will also be required to participate within the group.
More information about the role will be available upon application.
Please note the Book Break times for each Idea Store.
Idea Store Bow, Tuesday 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Idea Store Canary Wharf, Tuesday 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Idea Store Chrisp Street, Tuesday 2:00pm - 3.30pm
Idea Store Watney Market, Wednesday 2:00pm - 3:30pm
Idea Store Whitechapel, Thursday 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Volunteers will have to be willing to start 30 minutes prior to the session starting and 30 minutes after the session finishes.