LGBT Tower Hamlets Photography Competition
ELOP and Tower Hamlets Council are inviting YOU to send us your photographs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender + ‘queer’ (LGBT+) people’s experiences of the borough of Tower Hamlets. Can you help us capture a rich visual record of LGBT+ life in the East End?
The photographs you submit will be added to the collections of Tower Hamlets Local History Library & Archives, meaning your image will be preserved permanently as a contemporary historical document. The best photographs will be displayed in a major exhibition at Tower Hamlets Local History Library & Archives between July and September 2017, forming part of London’s annual Pride celebrations.
How to Enter
- Each person can submit up to three entries to the competition.
- Email your photograph/s as an attachment to email@example.com.
- You must include your name, age, contact number and email address. You must also include your connection to Tower Hamlets (do you live, work, study or socialise in the borough?) and the location and approximate date at which the image was taken.
- You can include an explanatory caption for your image, or choose not to – it’s up to you. However, the link to LGBT+ Tower Hamlets must be clear, either in the photo or in the supplementary information that you send with it.
- View the Competition rules [PDF]
The closing date for the competition is Friday 12 May 2017