About Idea Store Learning
Idea Store Learning Returns on Monday 20 September.
Online enrolment is open from 23 August.
E-Learning advertised classes: If you enrol on a course delivered online, you will receive zoom joining instructions by email, before the start of the course.
If you have questions about your course, please go to our Frequently Asked Questions page, so that we can help you.
If you are interested in enrolling on an Idea Store Learning course in the future, please keep checking this page for updates. You can find out more about the courses we teach by visiting our course pages, using the links on the right-hand side of this page.
What you need to know about us
As well as support from Tower Hamlets Council, Idea Store Learning receives an annual grant from the Greater London Authority who regulate us and who work with Ofsted to inspect us. We offer a wide variety of courses and classes that are extremely good value for money.
Every year we ask for feedback from our learners through surveys and the results show our learner satisfaction is very high.
All courses are subject to change. Idea Store Learning reserves the right to close or amend courses including fee amendments.
Where there is low enrolment, courses advertised will be closed prior to the start date. It is recommended that you enrol at least 1 week before the start date of your chosen course.
We expect 100% attendance on courses but, of course, we recognise that you may not always be able to attend each session. Please notify us if you are going to be absent. If you miss four consecutive weeks, you will be withdrawn from the course.
Refunds and Cancellations
If you are unable to take up your place on a course before it begins, a fee refund will only be given where you notify Idea Store Learning in writing at least two weeks before the start date of your course. An administration fee of £11 will be charged for processing your refund. Idea Store - Request for Reimbursement of Tuition Fees
Where we close a course, you will be given a full refund. If we change the published details of a course, those learners for whom the course is no longer suitable will receive a full refund.
REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN IN ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES
Comments and Complaints
We aim to operate a complaints procedure that is fair, responsive, and effective. You can expect us to deal promptly and courteously with your complaints.
- Please discuss any concerns or complaints with your tutors first. We will try and resolve the issue there and then.
- Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to acknowledge your email and respond within 10 working days. Where it takes longer to resolve an issue, we will keep you informed.
All our main Idea Store sites are accessible for those with reduced mobility. However, at the
Shadwell Centre only classes on the ground floor are accessible to people with reduced mobility – please check when you enrol.
Learning Venue Addresses
Idea Store Whitechapel, 321 Whitechapel Road, London E1 1BU
Idea Store Bow, 1 Gladstone Place, Roman Road, London E3 5ES
Idea Store Chrisp Street , 1 Vesey Path, East India Dock Road, London E14 6BT
Idea Store Canary Wharf, Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London E14 5RB
Idea Store Watney Market, 260 Commercial Road, London E1 2FB
Shadwell Centre,* 455 The Highway, London E1W 3HP
Brady Arts Centre, 192-196 Hanbury Street, London E1 5HU
Stephen Hawking School, 2 Brunton Place, London E14 7LL
Outreach Venues, details of venues will be given to you at assessment
Bow Road Methodist Church, 1 Merchant Street, London E3 4LY
*Limited wheelchair access at Shadwell Centre. Access only to ground floor and annex. Detailed access information about Idea Stores can be found at www.disabledgo.info.
Guide For Learners
We are committed to keeping learners and staff safe during the current situation. All our learning centres have been risk assessed and are Covid-secure. We expect all learners to respect others and to follow the guidance below:
- Do not come to class if you feel unwell. If you have a high temperature, sore throat, loss of taste or smell or any symptoms of cough or cold, please stay at home and please inform your tutor by phone or email. If you feel unwell in class, please tell your tutor.
- You must go straight to your class and leave the centre when it is finished to ensure social distancing. We can only admit you to the centre at your agreed start time.
Face-coverings are not required in our classrooms, but you must wear a face-covering in reception, stairways and other public areas.
This is mandatory in all public buildings across Tower Hamlets.
- You must wash or sanitise your hands when arriving at the centre and use the hand sanitiser which is provided in each room.
- You will need to bring your own pens and most equipment, (you will be advised by your tutor of course specific requirements). Please wipe down surfaces before and after use, wipes will be provided at centres.
- Any materials or handouts given to you in class must be taken home.
- You will need to bring your own drink as the café areas will not be available.
- You must respect social distancing markers and guidance in centres.