About Idea Store Learning
In the light of new government guidelines all Idea Store face to face classes are cancelled until after half term 15 – 21 February.
All our online programmes continue to run as planned and will start on Monday 11 of January.
If your face-to-face course has been cancelled we will make every effort to offer you an online alternative and will be in touch soon with the details. If you are unable to participate online, you can apply for a full refund.
Idea Store Learning is the Adult and Community Learning service for Tower Hamlets Council and we are committed to ensuring that learning opportunities are continuing to be delivered. The Idea Stores and the Shadwell Centre will re-open for teaching and learning on the 28th September. We are adapting our programmes to allow as many as possible to run in the current circumstances.
If current restrictions are relaxed, we will be expanding the numbers of places and programmes available.
We are delivering a limited number of courses face to face in classrooms. Face to face courses will have reduced capacity to allow for social distancing. We will deliver some of our courses remotely using a range of methods including virtual classes, pre-recorded content and uploading of work to online platforms.
This Autumn term we will not be recruiting new ESOL learners, as we are working with learners whose programmes were disrupted in the Summer term. We will be recruiting for January and information will be available on this website.
All courses are subject to change.
E-Learning advertised class times: We will be in touch with you to let you know the schedule of class delivery which will include zoom sessions and tutor feedback.
If you have questions about your course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, course title and/or number and the name of your tutor, so that we can help you.
If you are interested in enrolling on an Idea Store Learning course in the future, please keep checking this page for updates. You can find out more about the courses we teach by visiting our course pages, using the links on the right-hand side of this page.
Guide For Learners
We are committed to keeping learners and staff safe during the current situation. All our learning centres have been risk assessed and are Covid-secure. We expect all learners to respect others and to follow the guidance below:
- Do not come to class if you feel unwell. If you have a high temperature, sore throat, loss of taste or smell or any symptoms of cough or cold, please stay at home and please inform your tutor by phone or email. If you feel unwell in class, please tell your tutor.
- You must go straight to your class and leave the centre when it is finished to ensure social distancing.
We can only admit you to the centre at your agreed start time.
Face-coverings are not required in our classrooms, but you must wear a face-covering in reception, stairways and other public areas.
This is mandatory in all public buildings across Tower Hamlets.
- You must wash or sanitise your hands when arriving at the centre and use the hand sanitiser which is provided in each room.
- You will need to bring your own pens and most equipment, (you will be advised by your tutor of course specific requirements). Please wipe down surfaces before and after use, wipes will be provided at centres.
- Any materials or handouts given to you in class must be taken home.
- You will need to bring your own drink as the café areas will not be available.
- You must respect social distancing markers and guidance in centres.